Final Thoughts about the Summer
We can’t believe that Camp Regesh 2018 has come to an end!
We have been through so many amazing experiences this summer and have made memories that will last a lifetime. We interviewed our bunks asking them for their favorite memories from over the summer. Here are some of their answers:
Lamed Alef– We like how we always chanted, “3A, 3A” when we won a game against another bunk.
Lamed Bais– We remember when Menachem was the last one left in Outer Space Dodgeball.
Lamed Gimmel– We really liked becoming groundskeepers and cleaning the kickball field.
Lamed Daled– We loved having boating. It was funny when Ahron fell into the water. Also, when we thought we saw a beehive, but it was really just foam.
Mem Alef- We like how our bunk shot so many bullseyes during Archery.
Mem Bais– There is a tie of our favorite memories. It’s between all of the times that Shua did Color War fakeouts and having Jared as a JC.
Nun Alef– We really liked playing soccer and dodgeball (especially when we always got Isaac out).
The campers had many more favorite memories than are mentioned here, but you will just have to ask them yourself to tell you what they are. Here are some of Dovi’s and Shlomo’s memories that really stand out:
- We remember when we watched all of the smiling faces walking into our air-conditioned room on the first day of camp. It was nice to greet everyone and start off 8 weeks of awesomeness!
- What better motivation to do your parsha sheet than to have an awesome raffle every week? We also enjoyed running tzitzis and davening raffles. Congratulations to all of the winners!
- Did anyone lose this towel? What about these crocs? Anyone’s tzitzis?
- Shhhh…5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Dovi doing the “V’Ahavta” tune… if you can hear me, clap three times! Thank you to all of those campers who cooperated so quickly!
- Innnnnnn Leagues today! We had two great seasons in Leagues. We enjoyed seeing the achdus while you were playing. Thank you to all the captains and players.
- Of course, we can’t forget our wonderful staff who worked hard every day to take such good care of our campers. Thank you to all of the counselors, JCs and rotators!
- Finally, we really appreciate how well everyone in the division got along. We know that campers come from different schools, town and even countries. Somehow, everyone still just meshes together; it’s amazing!
We would like to thank all of the parents for sending your children to Camp Regesh for the summer. We look forward to seeing everyone back next year!
Dovi and Shlomo